DLP – committed to environmental protection

At DLP, the topics of environmental protection and energy efficiency are very important. We work consistently to avoid any kind of waste. Our production processes are therefore always designed for efficiency and precision. Here, our own production share of 85% is a great advantage. Because this gives us the opportunity to design our internal process chain optimally as far as possible in terms of resource conservation.

Environmental protection is a core component of our sustainability approach. And for many years. The first photovoltaic system on the factory roofs of our production halls in Wuppertal dates back to 2012 — a time when solar energy was by far not as popular as it is today. In 2018, we expanded the plant and now source up to 80% of our electricity consumption from our own production.

Our in-house heat recovery system generates 98% of our heat energy requirement. The remaining 2% is covered by our block power plant. Heat for the underfloor heating in the production areas is extracted from the heat generated in the zinc foundry.